Saturday, January 9, 2010

Super Late Holiday Recap

It's absolutely freezing this weekend in Houston! Last night we were in the 18's! I mean come on this is Houston where we wear shorts for the majority of the year and now it is so cold that I don't even want to leave my house. I can't wait for the spring weather to arrive and by the looks of things it is not going to be anytime soon!

Chris and I had a wonderful holiday season filled with lots of love, family and happiness. As sad as it was taking down all the Christmas decorations it was also relief that the holiday craziness was over until next time. Chris enjoyed his Vegas vacation and my ornament exchange party was alot of fun and may become an annual event. We were both spoiled with gifts this season, more than we could have imagined and are grateful for all that we received. This was also a big Christmas for giving. There were lots of presents under our tree for all of our friends and family. It was so exciting seeing everyone open up their presents. But my favorite had to be seeing my sister open her gift. As some of you may know my sister was involved in a bad motorcycle accident back in October. To read about it you can visit my old post here. Well that night she had been wearing a shirt that I had given her a few years back with a rhinestone cross on the front. That cross was all that was left of what she was wearing that night and I truly feel that it helped protect her. I framed it for my sister to always remind her of God's blessings. She unwrapped half of it and was in tears, as was the rest of our family. I am so thankful to have her in my life.

Michele and I

After the holidays were over it was birthday time. That day I had lunch with Jenn & Megan and then that night Chris took me to Perry's Steakhouse. We met a few of our friends and family up there for some good food and lots of laughs.

Chris and I at Perry's Steakhouse for my bday.
New Years Eve was spent celebrating the end of the year in a hot tub with our sweet friends Phil and Brandy. It was a perfect way to spend a freezing cold night. Midnight rolled around and we didn't even realize it until a million fireworks were going off and the neighbors music got 10x louder. It was a great way to ring in the new year.

There are alot of things to look forward to in 2010. But you will just have to wait and see along the way. Lots of projects, vacations and big events will be in store.

Ok I am freezing my butt off right now so I am going to have to leave you for a nice warm spot on my couch with my blanket. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! xoxo

6 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like your holidays were just perfect...the story about the framed shirt and your sister choked me up. So glad she is okay

Angela said...

What a perfect gift for your sister! I'm glad that she liked it.

Brittany said...

Wow! I can't believe that was all that was left of the shirt. Amazing! What a great gift to give your sister:)

Blissfully Enamored said...

what a thoughtful gift!! i love that!

and yes...this coldness is CRAZY! they said that this is the coldest weekend in Fort Worth in 13 years!!! CRAZY!!! stay warm!

Jen said...

PS I left you an award on my blog :)

Unknown said...

I've been missing your posts. BTW, I blogged about you! http://justafewofemilysfavoritethings.blogspot.com/2010/01/best-new-blog-award.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The Lenz's Pageviews