Monday, December 14, 2009
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
My Christmas Checklist:
- Trim the tree with...check
- Decorate the house...check
- Shop for presents...still need the dogs gifts and the Lenz white elephant
- Wrap the gifts...check
- Purchase ornaments for the Ornament Exchange...double check
- Snow...triple check
- Christmas Eve menu...still making some final touches
- Mail out Holiday cards...going out today!
- Christmas outfitts...hmmm....
The list could go on and on but I will spare you the rest of the details.
On Sunday my sweet hubby bought us lights for the outside. We weren't going to do them this year but he couldn't resist. It was an amazing surprise! So this week we are going to tackle this project. I can't wait to see the house all lit up!
On Monday my sweet friend Jenn posted some of her favorite holiday movies. What a great idea! So Jenn I hope you don't mind but I am going to copy you! I know there are a tons of Christmas movies out there to choose from but these are my all time top favorites:
So what are your favorites? Post about them and send me your link! Thanks Jenn for sharing yours! Go check out Jenn's page!
Happy Tuesday! xoxo
Monday, December 7, 2009
Sunday, December 6, 2009
My car when I left the office
The house looked like a winter wonderland when I drove up
About to play in the snow! EEK!!!
the backyard was covered
...and Chris was waiting for me!
Me and my AMAZING hubby! I love him!
Brixie playing in the snow...dad this one is for you!
Today I am lounging on the couch enjoying my last few ours of the weekend while Chris is with the boys watching the Texans. It's wet and cold outside so I am just trying to keep warm.
I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend! We sure did!
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Christmas is only 24 days away! I am patiently waiting. My Christmas presents are already wrapped and the dates to exchange are set. The weekends are beginning to quickly fill and my Xmas cards will be going out at the end of this week. I still need to figure out our menu for Christmas Eve at our house though. What are some of your favorite Christmas meals? Help me out ladies!
Ok well I have to get back to work so I can have fun signing our holiday cards for the troops overseas later this afternoon. May you all stay warm and cozy today! My heater is going full blast! xoxo
Sunday, November 29, 2009
- The Lights - I absolutely love looking at Christmas lights. They fill shopping centers and line the streets to make it glow. I love driving into our neighborhood and seeing all the outside Christmas decor! I wish we could do our this year but it will have to wait.
- Christmas Music - starting the day after Thanksgiving our local Sunny 99.1 plays nothing but Christmas music till the end of the year. I love hearing my favorite tunes! Growing up my dad and I would always listen for "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas" and every time I hear it now it brings me back to the first time I heard it. And now its seems to be the only radio station Chris and I listen to when we get in the car.
- The Smell - I love walking into a house with the smell of cinnamon, spices and peppermint. It's so welcoming and puts me in the spirit.
- Christmas Cards - I always look forward to checking the mail at this time. It's when we start to receive the Christmas cards! I love seeing what people are up to and knowing that no matter the crazy time of year someone is thinking of us as we think of them.
- The Advent Calendar - growing up in the Beene household was always fun in December. We would each try to be the first one up to move the reindeer from date to date on our Advent calendar. My dad would even try to hide it from us until he got home so that he could be the one to do it. It became our family tradition and I hope to pass it on to our children.
- The Wrapping - I have already gotten the majority of mine done. I feel that the wrapping is half the present. It's fun putting all the paper and bows and extras together to finalize the gift. I always feel bad tearing it up.
Those are just a few of things at the top of my head but I know that I could go on and on. Maybe I will make that for another days post.
This week is a busy one. I have 3 Scentsy parties lined up, woohoo! I am thrilled! Then on Wednesday my department at work is getting together to write 200 Christmas cards to the soldiers overseas. It's so sad to think that they won't be with their loved ones on Christmas but I am beyond thankful for all that they do to keep us safe at home. No words can express how appreciative I am to them!
I just weighed Brixie today and she is 17 lbs! Wowzer! I can't believe how much she has grown. Everyday she gets bigger and bigger. She has learned to sit and we are teaching her to lay. She goes straight to her crate when its time for bed. And when she needs to go out she rings the bell that we hung from the back door. She has been such a blessing. Even Adrienne is loving her! Sorry ladies I don't have any good photos. She doesn't stay still long enough for them to come out clear, lol.
Ok I gotta run. My shows are about to start. I hope that you all had an amazing Thanksgiving! Pictures to come in the next post! xoxo
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
This warmer is the new addition to my room!
I hope you are all having a wonderful Wednesday and thanks for letting me share my exciting news! xoxo
Monday, November 16, 2009
The next morning I woke up bright and early to take Brixie for her follow-up at the vet. She is a healthy 11 lb. girl! She doubled her size and still growing! The vet said she is a guaranteed 80 to 90 lb dog. Needless to say she has already grown out of her crate and into what Chris and I call her mansion, lol! Pics to come later.
Later that morning Chris and I headed to the Houston Buddy Walk for The Down Syndrome Association. We had an absolute blast and walked for this little guy below. Chris works with his mom and he signed us up as soon as he heard about the walk. Nick is such a sweet kid and boy does he love to dance. The theme for his team this year was Nick's Rock Stars. Through out the whole walk we jammed to "Party like a Rock Star" and the whole time he was dancing and moving his head to the beat! We can't wait to do it again next year!
After the walk we headed home to take a power nap and start to get ready for Chris' art show later that evening. Some of you know Chris but many don't know that he loves to paint. Or friend Chad got him started on this talent and Chris has a real passion for it. This was Chris' first art show and he was really nervous. He had originally painted another piece for the show but wasn't able to submit it do to it still not being dry but he was still able to put in one of his others. Our neighbors and Chris' parents joined us for the event. We drank wine, listened to music, ate a little and mingled our way throughout the art show. As the night progressed people began to bid on pieces and with much excitement we discovered someone had bid on his! Yes, he sold his first piece! I have an artist in the house! And to top it off half of it went to charity. I am so proud of him and so excited! He is more motivated now to keep going and I even have a few projects for him in the near future!
So glad that I did but so sad to see it go.
Chad helping him relax and motivating him
Sunday we did a few things around the house and just had a relaxing day. So sad its over! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and enjoyed the beautiful weather!
More to post later! I promise!
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
- Tornado Chaser: I know this might sound a bit extreme but I love the weather especially when it gets a little scary. My favorite thing to do is pop in the movie Twister when the lightning and thunder begins. It gets my adrenaline pumping!
- Boutique Shop Owner: I love stepping into a boutique and finding some of the cutest things including clothes. Think Francesca's or Magpies or my new favorite Beau Kisses!
- Stay-at-home-mom: I have the utmost respect for both stay-at-home-mom's and career mom's. Neither one is easy and making the decision to do either is hard. But if I could and money allowed us to I would be a SAHM.
- Event Coordinator: I love planning and hosting events both big and small. Using my creativity and coming up with new ideas is an absolute blast for me and it doesn't feel like work.
- Web Designer: I love creating headers and helping people jazz up their blogs. I might not be good at learning other languages but I actually understand html.
- Professional Vacationer: If I could vacation for my job and travel the world I would do it in a heartbeat. Think Travel Channel. Maybe visit some of the best beaches known to man. Greece, Fiji, Belize , etc....
- Taste Tester: I love food!!! I love trying new things and exploring different types and customs of food. Seriously how fun would it be to hit all of the best restaurants and try amazing food and wine. Sounds like heaven to me!
Ok my list could go on and on. A girl can daydream though! So what would your list consist of?
This past weekend was pretty unproductive. Friday night I did not clean nor did I do laundry. Saturday was the Sugar Plum Market and I was so excited but found nothing, such a disappointment. The only thing I bought was a mimosa! After that I came home and cleaned house. That night we were supposed to have a few guys over for the fight but it fell through and I got sick. I was asleep by 8:30pm! Sunday we were totally lazy and I stayed in my pj's all day. Sounds exciting huh?!
Friday, November 6, 2009
A few weeks back I attended a Wedding Eve Dance Party at Warehouse Live for one of the partners in my office. We had an absolute blast! They had an awesome jazz group, the drinks were flowing and one of my favorite parts is that they had a photo booth section set up. This was an absolute hit! The photographer, Annie Ray, was amazing and had the station set up with props and costumes galore! The pictures were fun, carefree and would make a wonderful memory book. I will use any excuse to use her for our next big event! Here are a few pics but don't forget to check out her website http://annieray.net/index.php!
Jared, Rebecca, Chris & myself
This weekend holds alot of plans! Tonight I will be cleaning house and doing the laundry (sounds like an exciting Friday night huh?!) but tomorrow is where the real fun begins. It will be my first time to attend the Sugar Plum Market sponsered by The Fort Bend Junior Service League and Methodist Sugar Land Hospital. It's a great market to get things started for you holiday season! I hope to accomplish all my holiday shopping and so much more! Can't wait!
And since this might be a little to girly for the hubby, Chris has decided to get a big group of guys together to head to The Guy Expo. It's supposed to be an event for all guys to check out the latest gadgets and gizmo's but I think its just more of an excuse for the guys to eat and drink beer, lol! If it makes them happy though I am all for it!!!
Then Sunday Chris and I are excited to spend the whole day together out and about and if the weather is nice I want to take the dogs to the dog park. I am so happy that both Adrienne and Brixie are getting along so well now and are practically inseparable!
I hope that everyone has an amazing weekend and I hope to come back on Monday with lots of pics from the weekend. I won't be able to post what I got because there are some ladies on here that will be receiving a few gifts but I will let you know if I get anything for myself! xoxo