Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Let's Stay Together

I am completely inspired by a post I came across on Look Linger Love, one of my fav new blogs! The idea actually comes from Molly Sims New York Apartment. A large canvas hangs above her couch with the lyrics of Heaven by Bryan Adams. Take a look.



I love it! It's so simple and then my mind started flowing with ideas. I can totally recreate this but instead use the lyrics of the song that Chris and I danced to at our wedding. It would be so meaningful and would be perfect to go in the front room that we are sloooooowly putting together. Canvas' are usually 30-50% off at Hobby Lobby and since Chris already has tons of paint from his own paint projects all I would need to get is the canvas and the lettering stencils.

I can't wait to have the lyrics of Let's Stay Together by Al Green hanging on my wall!!! This project might be making it to the top of my to do list! I just need to add a little more color to it. Stay tuned to see this project in the very near future!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

That's very different, but I love it!!

Channa, Oh its the Coachs Wife said...

I love it! What a great idea! I think I might steal it!!

D said...

Love it!!! I found something similar on Etsy... for people whoa ren't artistica and don't want to spend $675+... here's the link http://www.etsy.com/listing/56400819/canvas-art-lyrics-music-song-typography?ref=sr_gallery_16&ga_search_query=lyric+canvas&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=1&order=&includes%5B0%5D=tags&includes%5B1%5D=title. Can't wait to see yours when you're done! :)

Anonymous said...

thats such a fab idea..i loved this when I saw it in Mollys apt...and am so excited for the etsy link above since i have the artistic ability of a peanut

Stephanie said...

sweet! what a great idea! once i ran across a book about how to make your own (very cool looking) artwork on canvases. i really want to do it someday when we have a house to decorate!

Joyce said...

very sweet!!

Morgan said...

Love this idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The Lenz's Pageviews