Tuesday, December 28, 2010

What will 2011 bring?

I have been thinking long and hard about what I want 2011 to bring to my life. Of course there are always the New Years Resolutions that people make but let's be honest, they never seem to last very long. So instead of making resolutions I am making 2011 Goals! Some will be fun, some will be sacrifices but all in all it will be for the best! Bring on 2011!

1. Drink as much wine as my heart desires! Not that I don't do this already but life is short and since there are no babies in the picture YET I might as well soak it up while I still can!
2. Track my spending habits. What's a budget if you can't stick to it or know what exactly you're spending your money on! I signed on with Mint.com to help track my spending, figure out where my money is going and how I can improve my savings and get out of debt. With all of the projects & life changing events we have planned for 2011 we need to have a budget. I should have done this along time ago but its better to start now than never doing it at all.

3. Stop unnecessary shopping! This one goes with my number 2 goal but this is a really big problem I have. There have been so many times that I have hit up Target to just grab a few things and then I veer my way over to the clothing section and end up with a few pieces that I really don't need. My thought process is "well I can wear this to this" or "ohh I really need one more of these" and the classic "well it's only $__." Yep this is my number one issue. And this can be said for more than just at Target. HomeGoods is my second place to get into major trouble. Just $5 here and there can really add up over time. I am really going to make a contiguous effort to really be good at not doing this anymore.


4. Work out 3 days a week. The other day I was taking a look down memory lane and I really miss the days that I was in shape, tan and looking great. I looked so much happier too. Now I dread seeing any pictures I am tagged in. I want my "pre-wedding" body back and gosh darnett I am going to do it! Three days is a manageable amount and its not consuming my life. I can and will do this!

5. Take more pictures! 2011 is going to be an awesome year and I want to make sure that I catch all the moments on camera that I can. It's great to go back and see what all has happened throughout the year and I don't want to miss a thing!


6. Take the dogs on more walks. Not only do the dogs get some energy out and exercise but so will I. I love seeing other people walking in the neighborhood with their dogs but the last thing I want to do when I get home is take them on the long walks. It's so easy to just let them run around in our big back yard. But enough is enough. It's time to grab their leashes and go!

7. I want to cook like Giada. I love her energy when it comes to cooking food not to mention that Italian food is my absolute favorite! I need to spend more time in the kitchen in 2011 and really get some skills. I have a lot to live up too since Chris is such a good cook and so is my Mimi! Gotta start somewhere!

8. I have got to stop using the "F" word. I am such a sailor and if I want to ever have kids my vocabulary has to change pronto. If you know me personally and you catch me saying please call me out on it! Thank you!

9. Get organized! My house can only store so much and life is so much easier when things are clean and there is a place for everything. The closets are one of the top things on my list of todo's! Wish mine looked like this one!

10. Go on more dates with the hubby. It's still just the two of us and we need to take advantage of this as long as we can. One day there will be more than just us two and I really look forward to that but for now these moments are important.

11. Eat breakfast! Coffee is not a food group. As much as I love a caffeine kick in the morning it's important to jump start my metabolism first thing in the morning with something nutritious. Even if it may only consist of an orange, banana and a bagel.


12. Start and complete one project at a time. I think I have about 5 projects all going on at once. It makes it hard to see how much I have truly finished!

13. Dance till my legs go numb! I am going to admit I dance around the house when Chris isn't home! It's not only fun but a great workout. This year I vow to hit up the actual dance floor more often!

14. Mandatory Girls Nights! I love my husband but I need my girls nights as well! This year I slacked off in this department as there was just so much going on. This year I vow ATLEAST one night a month! This can be a night out on the town or a few bottles of wine at home. Either way it's much needed!

15. Read more. I am not talking about magazines but actual hardback or paperback books. I love the smell of new books and especially love being sucked in by an amazing storyline. They say the imagination grows stronger the more you read. I have a few books to start but more on that in another post.

16. Blog more! Duh! I finally got my MyAgenda in the mail a few weeks ago and I now have a spot to jot down my blog topic ideas. So on the days that I lack in anything motivating I have these ideas to fall back on. So expect to hear a lot more from me in 2011!

17. Sew everything or anything. My sweet Grandpa (hi Grandpa!) gave me my grandmother's sewing machine a few weeks ago. I have done a few projects here and there but I still have a lot of learning to do and my list of projects just keep growing. By the end of 2011 I will be a sewing machine.


18. To be more thankful for the things that I have and not the things that I want. It is so easy to get carried away with all the things that I want that I tend to overlook the things that I already have. I am very blessed to have a roof over my head, a full stomach, a healthy body and a loving husband and family.

With that said I think it is a great note to end my 2011 Goals. I really look forward to all that 2011 will bring and can't wait for it to get here. I really want to know what some of your goals are so start thinking of your goals, post them and then link them below. Remember all goals can be achieved! May 2011 bring you happiness and love!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

whew that's a lot of goals! :) good luck and they sound like a good mixture of fun and discipline.

Brittany said...

Great resolutions!!

Jenn said...

Great goals to have! I love the layout format, I may have to copy!

First of all, that closet is amazing! If only I could have something like that one day, will never happen on a teacher's salary, but one can dream right?

Girls nights and hubby date nights are a must! One day we will all look back on those and appreciate them so much as we have kids and can't have them or were old and all those friends are gone or were sitting in a retirement home and can't drive, oh gosh I'm jumping wayyy too far ahead of myself!!!

More picture taking, I'm not even gonna go there..ha! As I was making Christmas presents this year I went threw almost every month of the 2010 year, it was so fun to see the good times and also reflect on the not so great but still be able to appreciate them

Eating a better breakfast is a top notch one for me this year!!

Ok, I think that's enough now.. ha! Best wishes and good luck with all these!!

Lindsey said...

Great resolutions...maybe I'll just copy and paste and make them mine too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The Lenz's Pageviews