Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Pay It Forward

Wow! What an amazing gift it is! I am not going to lie, these last few weeks have been rough. Sometimes it feels like its never going to end. One disappointment after another, something else that is going to cost an arm and a leg when we don't have the extra cash and just the things in life that we can't control. It's life right?!

This afternoon I had to leave the office to just get a breather. What better way to break up the day than to drive through the nearest Starbucks. After I placed my order I drove up to the pickup window and the barista handed me my drink. I tried to give her my money but she said there was no need for it. The lady in the car ahead of me had already paid for my drink and was paying it forward. I was shocked and felt an overwhelming sense of appreciation. You see I shouldn't have been in that line. We are trying to change our spending habits and Starbucks is just not in the budget. But today/this week has been a struggle and I needed something to get me through. I really appreciated the kindness.

It's something as simple as paying for someones coffee, something that costs less than $5 that could really make someones day. It certainly made mine. If there had been someone behind me I would have paid for theirs but there wasn't. Now I have the opportunity to do this at another time. A time when someone least expects it.

Think about this the next time you are in the Starbucks line, at the donut shop, or anywhere your heart desires. You could make someones day and make a difference.

Thank you lady in the car ahead of me. You gave me a much needed light in the right direction.

Pay it forward.

4 comments:

Happy Healthy Runner said...

that is so touching and so true. thank God for little gifts like that. you never know just how much one small gesture can do to someones day - that goes for good or bad! glad you encountered the good kind!!! :)

Stephanie Marie said...

What a little blessing in your day! Hope it help you get in the Christmas spirit a little more :)

the mcquire family said...

Love this!! How awesome, and I agree something so small can make a HUGE difference. I hope your week/month is getting better sweet girl. I understand how you feel... :) lots of love!

Jenn said...

Thanks for sharing, how touching! Brought tears to my eyes as I've been so fast paced lately, Looking forward to doing this sometime :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The Lenz's Pageviews