Monday, August 10, 2009

Pillow Talk

Sadly the weekend is over :( and now a long and busy week begins. The weekend was a very productive one and I am very please with all that we accomplished in two days. Friday night we moved all the master suite furniture into the guest bedroom to prepare for the delivery of our king size bed on Saturday. The room looks great but I still have a few nicknack's that I need to get in order to make it feel chic and charming. Saturday morning we were up bright and early and ventured our separate ways. Chris went to help my dad for the day with a few things that needed extra manpower and I went and bought our fabric for the headboard and dust ruffle and delivered it to the upholstery stores for the beginning of our projects. I was thrilled when they said that it would only take a week but will be still be happy if it takes a little bit longer than they said (something that is likely to happen). Saturday afternoon our mattress arrived! I am totally in love with it and can't wait to see the complete project all together. That night we head to watch UFC with the Watts family and friends. I must admit I slept through half of it but so did the hostess, lol. Sunday was spent cleaning house and mowing the yard.

Ok I have to tell a scary/funny story. While Chris was mowing the backyard, our grass was really high since we just got our lawn mower fixed, he began to feel something on his leg while he was next to the fence. When he looked down he saw a snake coiled around his leg. Chris immediately shook off the snake and ran inside. The look on his face when he walked in was priceless. Thankfully he did not get bit and no harm was done other than being shocked and scared half to death. I am not a mean person but I had to laugh. The reason for this is because when we first moved in I had my own encounter with a snake and he did not take me seriously and just laughed at my reaction. Now that he has experienced his own encounter he is sure to pay more attention and make sure that the grass is always short. I got a thrill out of watching him continue to mow as he kept looking around to see if there were anymore snakes. In all seriousness though it is something that we must do especially where we are located. They are clearing a lot of land right now and the animals have to go somewhere. It's a very scary thought.

After Chris mowed the yard we set out on an adventure to find bedroom furniture to go with our bed such as nightstands and dressers. We are trying to wait for the Labor Day sales but wanted to get an idea of how much we could expect. We hit up Rooms to Go and then Star Furniture. I have to say I was not impressed with Star Furniture. Any suggestions on where else we could go?

As I sat in our bedroom last night trying to envision what the room would look like after all was completed, I began to notice how neutral our house is (browns and beige). I need something that pops and this is where I could use your help. To the left of this post is a poll that you can take. I have picked a few colors that might be considered and would like your intake. If you pick "other" please comment and let me know what you think would really add some "pop." All suggestions are welcome! Here are a few ideas but I really need help. Even something bright would be fun!











I hope that everyone had a great weekend and I look forward to seeing what color you would pick!


1 comment:

the tichenor family said...

I chose "other" not because I don't like the options but because it's hard to choose an accent color without knowing what your home looks like, your furniture, the style, etc. Whatever you decide, I'd choose the accent pieces to be thigns that are easy to replace in a few years if you get tired of "plum" or "green"-- a quick trip to Hobby Lobby and you can transform your room to RED with new accessories!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The Lenz's Pageviews